We’re back on the stage! This year we will be running our program as in the past, with a few modifications here and there. We will again have three different sessions, but with limited numbers. We will also be back at the theater for performances, two for each show.
While we are bringing back the format of previous years, we are also implementing guidelines to protect our participants and their families from the spread of COVID. Masks for all participants will be required and there will be plenty of hand sanitizer and Lysol.
WHO: Students entering grades 4-12. No theatre experience required!
WHAT: Summer Theatre is a unique six‐week program that offers students a fun way to gain theatre experience. The program integrates theatre games, improvisations, and exercises into a rehearsal process culminating in three full‐length plays.
WHERE: The Portland Playhouse (231 Maple St. Portland, MI 48875)
WHEN: June 14th – July 25th, 2021 (Monday-Friday with weekend performances)
HOW: It’s easy! For your convenience, complete the digital registration form found on our website portlandcivicplayers.com, and pay for registration.
- If you are unable to fill out a digital registration or pay via PayPal, please contact Sara Pohl at 517-896-5005
- We at the Portland Civic Players are passionate about making sure every young person has access to the arts. There are a limited number of need-based financial assistance packages available. If interested, please contact Sara Pohl at 517-896-5005
ALL participants must wear a mask at all times during Summer Theatre. If your child is unable to wear a mask, for their safety and the safety of other participants they cannot participate in Summer Theatre this year.
If your participant will be absent from the program for cumulatively more than a week, they cannot participate in Summer Theatre. Breaking this will terminate your ability to participate in the future.
See you at the theatre!!!
DATES & TIMES
(Subject to change based on enrollment)
A more detailed calendar will be sent home the first week!
Participants will be divided into three sessions for the first two weeks of the program alphabetically. To ensure social distancing standards are met, participants will be divided into sessions after registration has closed. We will notify you which session your child is in via Remind text or email by Friday, June 11th. Session times are as follows:
- WEEKS ONE and TWO
- June 14-25, Monday-Friday
- June 25 (Friday), 9am-12pm, All Participants. We will meet at the theatre and walk to William Toan Park or the Bandshell (weather allowing).
- If your child must be in a specific session for ride purposes, please let us know on your registration form.
- WEEKS THREE through SIX (the sixth week’s schedule will be altered for dress rehearsals and performances with a required clean and strike on Sunday, July 25th
- SESSION A
- Rehearsals Mon-Fri 8-10am
- Dress Rehearsal: July 15th (tentative)
- Performances: July 21st and 24th (tentative)
- SESSION B
- Rehearsals Mon-Fri 10am-12pm
- Dress Rehearsal: July 16th (tentative)
- Performances: July 22nd and 24th (tentative)
- SESSION C
- Rehearsals Mon-Fri 12-2pm
- Dress Rehearsal: July 19th (tentative)
- Performances: July 23rd and 25th (tentative)
Like Us on Facebook
To stay updated on Summer Theatre happenings!
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET:
The cap is 75 participants this year. Not all participants will be in the space at the same time. Groups will be 25 and spread throughout the theater. Performances will be either 1) Live with a live audience 2) Live streamed with a small, socially distanced audience or 3) Fully live streamed. The final performances will depend on guidelines at the time.
Some Other Important Things to Keep in Mind:
- Participants will be required to wear a mask.
- The cap is 45 participants this year. Not all participants will be in the space at the same time. Groups will be 15 and spread throughout the theater
- Theater Showcases will be either 1) Live with a live audience (potentially at an outdoor venue), 2) Live streamed with a small, socially distanced audience or 3) Fully live streamed. The final showcase will depend on guidelines at the time.
Summer Theatre 2021 Directors:
Questions? Contact Sara Pohl at 517-896-5005