WHO: Students entering grades 4-12. No theatre experience required!
WHAT: Summer Theatre is a unique six‐week program that offers students a fun way to gain theatre experience. The program integrates theatre games, improvisations, and exercises into a rehearsal process culminating in three full‐length plays.
WHERE: The Portland Playhouse (231 Maple St. Portland, MI 48875)
WHEN: June 20th – July 31st (Monday-Friday with weekend performances)
HOW: It’s easy! For your convenience, complete the digital registration form found on our website portlandcivicplayers.com, and pay for registration.
- If you are unable to fill out a digital registration or pay via PayPal, please contact Sara Pohl at 517-896-5005
- We at the Portland Civic Players are passionate about making sure every young person has access to the arts. There are a limited number of need-based financial assistance packages available. If interested, please contact Sara Pohl at 517-896-5005
If your participant will be absent from the program for cumulatively more than a week, they cannot participate in Summer Theatre. Breaking this will terminate your ability to participate in the future.
See you at the theatre!!!
DATES & TIMES
(Subject to change based on enrollment)
A more detailed calendar will be sent home the first week!
Participants will be divided into three sessions for the first two weeks of the program alphabetically. To ensure social distancing standards are met, participants will be divided into sessions after registration has closed. We will notify you which session your child is in via Remind text or email by Friday, June 11th. Session times are as follows:
- WEEKS ONE and TWO
- June 20 – July 1, Monday-Friday
- June 25 (Friday), 9am-12pm, All Participants.
- If your child must be in a specific session for ride purposes, please let us know on your registration form.
- WEEKS THREE through SIX (the sixth week’s schedule will be altered for dress rehearsals and performances with a required clean and strike on Sunday, July 31st)
- More information coming soon!
Like Us on Facebook
To stay updated on Summer Theatre happenings!
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET:
The cap is 100 participants this year. Registration will close when the cap is reached, or if not capped, June 10th. If cap is reached before June 10, a waiting list will be implemented
Some Other Important Things to Keep in Mind:
Perform a full show for all your family and friends!
Custom program tee-shirt
Three amazing directors
Youth Membership to the Portland Civic Players
Meeting new friends and connecting with old ones
Three fantastic directors
Learning skills, tricks, and general know-how of all aspects of theater
Did we mention three amazingly fantastic (and humble) directors???
Summer Theatre 2021 Directors:
Questions? Contact Sara Pohl at 517-896-5005