- WHO: Students entering grades 4-12. No theatre experience required!
- WHAT: Summer Theatre is a unique six-week program that offers students a fun way to gain theatre experience. The program integrates theatre games, improvisations, and exercises into a rehearsal process culminating in three full-length plays.
- WHERE: The Portland Playhouse (231 Maple St. Portland, MI 48875)
- WHEN: June 17th – July 28th, 2018 (Monday-Friday with weekend performances), If your participant will be absent from the program for a cumulatively of more than a week, we ask that they do not participate.
- HOW: It’s easy! For your convenience, complete the digital registration form found on our website portlandcivicplayers.com, and pay for registration via the PayPal link
- If you are unable to fill out a digital registration or pay via PayPal, please contact Sara Pohl at 517-647-0626
- We at the Portland Civic Players are passionate about making sure every young person has access to the arts. There are a limited number of need-based financial assistance packages available. If interested, please contact Sara Pohl at 517-647-0626
- DEADLINE: Applications must be submitted by Friday, June 8th. Spaces are limited, and students will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis. All applicants beyond the available spots will be added to the waiting list. If your child is put on the waiting list, there is no guarantee they will be able to participate in Summer Theatre this year.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your registration form must be completely filled out and your registration fee paid in order to be considered for admission into the program.
- If your participant will be absent from the program for a cumulatively of more than a week, we ask that they do not participate.
DATES & TIMES (Subject to change based on enrollment)
- A more detailed calendar will be sent home the first week!
- Following the first two weeks of the program, the directors will divide the participants into three sessions.
- WEEKS ONE and TWO
- June 17-27, Monday-Friday
- 9-11: 00 am: Participants going into grades 4-6
- 10:30am-12:30pm: Participants going into grades 7-12
- June 29 (Friday), 9am-12pm, All Participants
- WEEKS THREE through SIX (the sixth week’s schedule will be altered for dress rehearsals and performances with a required clean and strike on Sunday, July 28th prior to the cast party
- SESSION A
- Rehearsals Mon-Fri 8-10am
- Dress Rehearsal: July 18th (tentative)
- Performances: July 24th and 27th (tentative)
- SESSION B
- Rehearsals Mon-Fri 10am-12pm
- Dress Rehearsal: July 19th (tentative)
- Performances: July 25th and 27th (tentative)
- SESSION C
- Rehearsals Mon-Fri 12-2pm
- Dress Rehearsal: July 22th (tentative)
- Performances: July 26th and 28th (tentative)
- The week of July 4th we will rehearse Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, with OPTIONAL parade participation on Thursday (the 4th) and OPTIONAL Theatre Fun Day on Friday (the 5th).
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET:
- Perform in a live theatre production
- Custom program tee-shirt
- Script for your production
- Three awesome directors
- Youth Membership to the Portland Civic Players
- Meeting new friends and connecting with old ones
- Three fantastic directors
- Learning skills, tricks, and general know-how of putting on a full show
- Both a performance in your own show AND opportunities to help tech for two other productions
- Did we mention three absolutely remarkable (and humble) directors/Summer Theatre 2018 Directors: Devann Hattis, Rory Miller, Sara Pohl???
Questions? Contact Sara Pohl at 517-647-0626
Register via digital form by JUNE 1st to secure your spot!
See you at the theatre!